Atlanta’s bike-share program, operated by CycleHop, launches Thursday with 100 bikes at 10 downtown stations. Thursday’s event marks the beginning of the demonstration phase with 100 bike-share bikes and 10 stations in downtown Atlanta.
Castleberry’s bike station is located at the Nelson Street Bridge. Other installation sites include:
– Broad Street (Broad Street & Mitchell Street)
– M. Rich Center (MLK Jr. Drive & Pryor Street)
– City Hall (Trinity Avenue & Central Avenue)
– Underground Atlanta (Peachtree Street & Wall Street)
– GSU Arts & Humanities (Gilmer Street & Peachtree Center Avenue)
– GSU Petit Science Center (Piedmont Avenue & Decatur Street)
– Woodruff Park (Auburn Avenue & Park Place)
– Sweet Auburn Market (Jesse Hill Jr. Drive & Coca Cola Place)
– Hardy Ivy Park (Peachtree Street & Baker Street)
– Nelson Street Bridge (Nelson Street & Chapel Street)
Users can choose from four price plans that are based on usage time. The simplest is to pay $8 an hour (prorated). Other plans for regular users run at $15 a month, which allows an hour’s use a day, and $20 a month, which allows 90 minutes a day. There is also a special plan for area university students for $25 a semester that allows for an hour’s time each day.